D-backs' Trevor Bauer getting treatment on groin
One of the reasons for the short outing was a troublesome groin cramp that has bothered the rookie on a few occasions this season.
Friday, the former UCLA All-American talked about the treatment he's receiving for the injury.
"A lot of hip repositioning stuff to try to talk off some of the pressure and some soft tissue stuff, get some of the swelling out of there and try to get it to calm down a little bit," Bauer said.
Words like 'pressure' and 'swelling' paint a bleak picture as far as injury prognosis go, but Bauer doesn't seem all that concerned.
"It's been worse in Mobile, and I never missed a start, so I should be fine," he said.
Bauer is scheduled to take the hill Tuesday night against the San Diego Padres at Chase Field in what would be his home debut.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday May 23Timmy gives us insider insight into this week's top MLB headlines.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.