D-backs' Trevor Bauer getting treatment on groin
One of the reasons for the short outing was a troublesome groin cramp that has bothered the rookie on a few occasions this season.
Friday, the former UCLA All-American talked about the treatment he's receiving for the injury.
"A lot of hip repositioning stuff to try to talk off some of the pressure and some soft tissue stuff, get some of the swelling out of there and try to get it to calm down a little bit," Bauer said.
Words like 'pressure' and 'swelling' paint a bleak picture as far as injury prognosis go, but Bauer doesn't seem all that concerned.
"It's been worse in Mobile, and I never missed a start, so I should be fine," he said.
Bauer is scheduled to take the hill Tuesday night against the San Diego Padres at Chase Field in what would be his home debut.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.