D-backs' Aaron Hill hits for second cycle of the season
Hill hit for his second cycle of the 2012 season against the Milwaukee Brewers Friday, becoming just the second player in MLB history to hit for two cycles in the same season.
Babe Herman of the 1931 Brooklyn Robins is the only other player in history to achieve this storied feat.
Hill also notched his 1,000th career hit with a double in the first inning. He then singled in the third and hit a two-run homer in the fourth inning off of Brewers starter Randy Wolf.
The 30-year-old then knocked a sixth inning triple off veteran hurler Livan Hernandez to complete the cycle.
The first cycle of Hill's career came just 11 days ago on June 18 against the Seattle Mariners.
Hill is the first player in history to hit two cycles in the same month.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer