D-backs' Aaron Hill hits for second cycle of the season
Hill hit for his second cycle of the 2012 season against the Milwaukee Brewers Friday, becoming just the second player in MLB history to hit for two cycles in the same season.
Babe Herman of the 1931 Brooklyn Robins is the only other player in history to achieve this storied feat.
Hill also notched his 1,000th career hit with a double in the first inning. He then singled in the third and hit a two-run homer in the fourth inning off of Brewers starter Randy Wolf.
The 30-year-old then knocked a sixth inning triple off veteran hurler Livan Hernandez to complete the cycle.
The first cycle of Hill's career came just 11 days ago on June 18 against the Seattle Mariners.
Hill is the first player in history to hit two cycles in the same month.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.