D-backs' Aaron Hill hits for second cycle of the season
Hill hit for his second cycle of the 2012 season against the Milwaukee Brewers Friday, becoming just the second player in MLB history to hit for two cycles in the same season.
Babe Herman of the 1931 Brooklyn Robins is the only other player in history to achieve this storied feat.
Hill also notched his 1,000th career hit with a double in the first inning. He then singled in the third and hit a two-run homer in the fourth inning off of Brewers starter Randy Wolf.
The 30-year-old then knocked a sixth inning triple off veteran hurler Livan Hernandez to complete the cycle.
The first cycle of Hill's career came just 11 days ago on June 18 against the Seattle Mariners.
Hill is the first player in history to hit two cycles in the same month.
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series