D-backs, Rangers team up for All-Star vote
The Arizona Diamondbacks are partnering with the Texas Rangers to support two All-Star candidates in the MLB.com Final Vote, presented by Firestone.
The Diamondbacks are looking to add another representative in second baseman Aaron Hill, while pitcher Yu Darvish is looking to be the eighth Ranger on the AL roster.
D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall asked for fans "who are voting for Aaron to also cast a vote for Yu Darvish, and we hope the Rangers fans will do the same for Hill."
He also requested fans of Hill's former team, the Toronto Blue Jays, vote for Darvish while baseball fans in Japan select Hill.
The contest, which ends Thursday at 1 p.m., allows voters to decide the final roster spot for both American and National League teams for the 83rd All-Star Game on July 10 in Kansas City. Fans can head to MLB.com/vote to make their selections, or text N4 to 89269 to vote for Hill. You can also text A2 to the same number to vote for Darvish.
Diamondbacks fans were left scratching their heads when Hill was left off the NL All-Star roster, considering the 30-year-old became the second player in Major League Baseball history to hit for the cycle twice in one season. Babe Herman is only other player to do so in the MLB, 81 years ago for the Brooklyn Robins.
Hill's 33 extra-base hits and .511 slugging percentage are first in the National League among second basemen. He's also tied for first with 11 home runs, second with a .296 batting average, and his 38 RBI ranked third.
In his MLB rookie season, Darvish has compiled a 10-5 record with a 3.59 ERA. His 117 strikeouts are second in the AL, third in MLB. He was named AL Rookie of the Month in April after posting a 4-0 record with a 2.18 ERA.
Balloting is open and fans can vote as many times as they want.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.