Report: D-backs would consider trading Justin Upton
Raised expectations from one year ago -- for both Upton and the Arizona Diamondbacks -- have left fans upset this season, with right fielder bearing the brunt of those who voice their displeasure at games.
Recently the subject of boos, Upton may soon become the subject of trade rumors.
According to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FoxSports.com, a D-backs fall from contention could provoke them to explore trading anyone on the roster, including Upton.
He has struggled this season and recently was booed at home after finishing fourth in the National League MVP voting a year ago. But he is only 24, and would be attractive to both contenders and non-contenders because he is signed at affordable salaries through 2015.
That long-term control would enable the Diamondbacks to ask for a monster package for Upton, who Towers previously discussed in trades shortly after becoming the team's GM in Sept. 2010.
Upton is hitting just .267 this year with seven home runs and 36 RBI, and has really epitomized the team's season. There are times when he appears ready to break out of his slump, but soon after begins to struggle again.
However, he's just 24-years-old and already been to a pair of All-Star games, and is still regarded by many as one of the best young talents in the game.
The article speculates notes the Indians, Pirates and Yankees as options, though there would undoubtedly be more candidates should Upton become available.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.