Report: D-backs will shop others before Upton
Sure, Upton has struggled this year, and yes, whatever the team receives for him would undoubtedly be a substantial haul, but why trade him when there are others on the roster who are having even worse seasons?
Well, GM Kevin Towers may look to trade those guys, too.
According to FoxSports.com baseball writer Jon Morosi, the D-backs are "much more willing to move Chris Young, Ryan Roberts and Stephen Drew than they are Justin Upton."
Oh, that's better.
Young, Roberts and Drew are three of the biggest underachievers on the team this season, though injuries have plagued both Young and Drew.
Like Upton, however, this does not mean any of the three will be dealt by the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
What it does mean is that Young's .203 average, Roberts' .237 average with mediocre defense and Drew's impending free agent status could lead to the D-backs looking to make some deals.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.