Report: D-backs will shop others before Upton
Sure, Upton has struggled this year, and yes, whatever the team receives for him would undoubtedly be a substantial haul, but why trade him when there are others on the roster who are having even worse seasons?
Well, GM Kevin Towers may look to trade those guys, too.
According to FoxSports.com baseball writer Jon Morosi, the D-backs are "much more willing to move Chris Young, Ryan Roberts and Stephen Drew than they are Justin Upton."
Oh, that's better.
Young, Roberts and Drew are three of the biggest underachievers on the team this season, though injuries have plagued both Young and Drew.
Like Upton, however, this does not mean any of the three will be dealt by the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
What it does mean is that Young's .203 average, Roberts' .237 average with mediocre defense and Drew's impending free agent status could lead to the D-backs looking to make some deals.
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series