Rays have interest in D-backs' Ryan Roberts
As the trade deadline nears, rumors surrounding the Arizona Diamondbacks continue to heat up.
Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports tweeted Monday the Tampa Bay Rays are interested in acquiring D-backs' third baseman Ryan Roberts.
Source: Rays have interest in Dbacks' Ryan Roberts. Could handle 3B in Longoria absence, tho Keppinger has hit.— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) July 24, 2012
Roberts would give the Rays much-needed depth at the hot corner as Evan Longoria recovers from a hamstring injury.
The 31-year-old's versatility and ability to play second base is certainly attractive to the Rays and figures to be for other contending clubs, as well.
Roberts was the D-backs' unsung hero last season and had a penchant for hitting clutch home runs down the stretch.
Entering Monday night's game against the Rockies, Roberts was batting .252 with six home runs, 33 RBI and six stolen bases in 82 games.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.