A closer look: D-backs take game three
The Dbacks continue to get it done at home. With the 6-3 win over the Mets on Saturday night the Dbacks have now won 10 of their last 12 home games and are 23-9 at home since May 23rd.
Diamondbacks starter Ian Kennedy gave up three solo home runs to Ike Davis of the Mets. The distances of those home runs according to ESPN Stats & Info... The first was 435 feet, the second was 445 feet and third home run was 394 feet.
He Said It:
"It was everything. Even in the third at-bat I even hung a curveball to try something different. I threw good ones and he was fouling them off. I can at least laugh at it now. It was almost jaw-dropping. I have never given up three to the same guy. I guess, he made SportsCenter."
Starter Ian Kennedy has now won three straight starts and he's 9-8 on the seaon. The Bullpen has also been holding its own with a 0.51 ERA in their last seven games.
Sunday afternoon the Diamondbacks play the series finale against the Mets and the finale of this 10 game homestand. LHP Joe Saunders will face RHP R.A. Dickey of the Mets. Saunders has made six straight quality starts and he's 3-1 with a 3.46 ERA in his last four starts at Chase Field. First pitch at 1:10pm.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer