Diamondbacks trade Craig Breslow to Red Sox
The Arizona Diamondbacks made a deadline day deal, but not exactly the type many were expecting.
Dbacks have traded lefty reliever Craig Breslow to Red Sox details on what is coming back to come— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 31, 2012
Gambadoro later reported the Diamondbacks were receiving outfielder Scott Podsednick and pitcher Matt Albers.
However, the arrival of another outfielder does not contribute to the rumors going around that outfielder Justin Upton could still be leaving the D-backs.
Getting Podsednick does not mean Dbacks are trading an outfielder - Podsednick will go to AAA Reno.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 31, 2012
Podsednick, 36, hit .387 with one home run and seven RBI in 19 games for Boston this year. The speedy outfielder has also posted 307 stolen bases in his 11-year career, 130 of which came in his time in the National League. He also has a career .341 OBP.
The 29-year-old Albers was 2-0 with a 2.29 ERA in 39.1 innings out of the Boston bullpen.
Breslow was acquired by the Diamondbacks before the season in the deal that also brought them Trevor Cahill, and was 2-0 with a 2.70 ERA in 43.1 innings for the team.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.