Diamondbacks trade Craig Breslow to Red Sox
The Arizona Diamondbacks made a deadline day deal, but not exactly the type many were expecting.
Dbacks have traded lefty reliever Craig Breslow to Red Sox details on what is coming back to come— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 31, 2012
Gambadoro later reported the Diamondbacks were receiving outfielder Scott Podsednick and pitcher Matt Albers.
However, the arrival of another outfielder does not contribute to the rumors going around that outfielder Justin Upton could still be leaving the D-backs.
Getting Podsednick does not mean Dbacks are trading an outfielder - Podsednick will go to AAA Reno.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 31, 2012
Podsednick, 36, hit .387 with one home run and seven RBI in 19 games for Boston this year. The speedy outfielder has also posted 307 stolen bases in his 11-year career, 130 of which came in his time in the National League. He also has a career .341 OBP.
The 29-year-old Albers was 2-0 with a 2.29 ERA in 39.1 innings out of the Boston bullpen.
Breslow was acquired by the Diamondbacks before the season in the deal that also brought them Trevor Cahill, and was 2-0 with a 2.70 ERA in 43.1 innings for the team.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!