Gibson: D-backs are much better than a .500 team
Whether they've been a few games above or a few games below, rarely have they ventured too far from the pinnacle of mediocrity.
However, manager Kirk Gibson does not believe his team is, for lack of a better term, a ".500 ball club".
"I think we're much better than a .500 team," he told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "There's so many factors that go into where you're at at any given time."
Regardless, Gibson said the important thing is the D-backs are still very much alive in the playoff hunt. They are entering Tuesday night's game against the Pirates just four back of NL West-leading San Francisco and 7.5 back of Wild Card-leading Atlanta.
For the Diamondbacks that means not only playing well, but doing so consistently.
"I think we can play better," he said. "We've shown some good streaks and I believe we've got more streaks in us."
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.