Report: D-backs sign high schooler Felipe Perez
According to the Los Angeles Times, the D-backs exploited a loophole in the new collective bargaining agreement that allows for any high school player who was not drafted to be a free agent.
Perez, who attended Anaheim Fairmont Prep, was classified as a free agent because he was not drafted, making him eligible to sign until the first day of school at UCLA. The Diamondbacks signed him for a reported $400,000.
It is unclear where in the organization Perez will begin his professional career.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.