Report: D-backs sign high schooler Felipe Perez
According to the Los Angeles Times, the D-backs exploited a loophole in the new collective bargaining agreement that allows for any high school player who was not drafted to be a free agent.
Perez, who attended Anaheim Fairmont Prep, was classified as a free agent because he was not drafted, making him eligible to sign until the first day of school at UCLA. The Diamondbacks signed him for a reported $400,000.
It is unclear where in the organization Perez will begin his professional career.
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series