Report: D-backs sign high schooler Felipe Perez
According to the Los Angeles Times, the D-backs exploited a loophole in the new collective bargaining agreement that allows for any high school player who was not drafted to be a free agent.
Perez, who attended Anaheim Fairmont Prep, was classified as a free agent because he was not drafted, making him eligible to sign until the first day of school at UCLA. The Diamondbacks signed him for a reported $400,000.
It is unclear where in the organization Perez will begin his professional career.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer