A closer look: Hill hits two home runs as D-backs sweep Astros
Aaron Hill continues to swing a hot bat for the D-backs. The second baseman hit two home runs against the Astros Sunday, with solo shots in the fourth and eighth innings. Hill also stroked a double, going 3-for-4 on the day and raising his average to .298 on the season.
Starter Ian Kennedy (11-10) delivered a strong performance on the mound for Arizona. The right-hander gave up one run on five hits with seven strikeouts in six innings of work to notch his first win since August 3.
Houston's struggles continued under interim manager Tony DeFrancesco. The Astros dropped their fourth straight contest and saw their record fall to 7-33 in their last 40 games.
The D-backs won their ninth game in a row over the Astros Sunday.
Left-fielder Jason Kubel was back in the lineup for Arizona, after missing time with a sore neck.
He said it:
"Great series. It was needed," D-backs' second baseman Aaron Hill said. "Hopefully we can carry this into the next few series and just keep it rolling. We need to catch on fire and get some momentum to catch the guys in front of us."
The D-backs open a 10-game homestand at Chase Field. Left-hander Joe Saunders (6-9, 3.70) will get the start against the Miami Marlins Monday. He will be opposed by right-hander Mark Buehrle (10-11, 3.74).
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.