D-backs broadcaster Mark Grace arrested; taking leave
Grace was arrested in Scottsdale Thursday evening after being pulled over for having an expired registration plate. Police then administered a field sobriety test which gave probable cause to arrest Grace on DUI charges.
Grace was also driving without an interlock device, which was required following a prior DUI arrest in Scottsdale in May of 2011.
Former D-back Luis Gonzalez will jump into the analyst's chair for games against the San Diego Padres Friday and Saturday, and legendary broadcaster Joe Garagiola will provide analysis for Sunday's series finale.
Television play-by-play man Daron Sutton hasn't been on a Diamondbacks broadcast since June and details of his absence have been few and far between. Longtime radio play-by-play man Greg Schulte has been handling the TV duties, while Jeff Munn has been calling the action on radio.
Grace ended his 16-year playing career with the Diamondbacks in 2003. The three-time All-Star was a part of the Diamondbacks only World Series championship team in 2001. The first baseman hit .263 in that World Series, with a home run and three runs batted in.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.
- Tom Candiotti, D-backs' broadcast analyst - Tuesday June 11He previews the D-backs/Dodgers match-up.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 11Gibson discusses grinding out wins, the troubles with the starting rotation and Josh Collmenter.