Updated Aug 24, 2012 - 5:03 pm
D-backs broadcaster Mark Grace arrested; taking leave
Grace was arrested in Scottsdale Thursday evening after being pulled over for having an expired registration plate. Police then administered a field sobriety test which gave probable cause to arrest Grace on DUI charges.
Grace was also driving without an interlock device, which was required following a prior DUI arrest in Scottsdale in May of 2011.
Former D-back Luis Gonzalez will jump into the analyst's chair for games against the San Diego Padres Friday and Saturday, and legendary broadcaster Joe Garagiola will provide analysis for Sunday's series finale.
Television play-by-play man Daron Sutton hasn't been on a Diamondbacks broadcast since June and details of his absence have been few and far between. Longtime radio play-by-play man Greg Schulte has been handling the TV duties, while Jeff Munn has been calling the action on radio.
Grace ended his 16-year playing career with the Diamondbacks in 2003. The three-time All-Star was a part of the Diamondbacks only World Series championship team in 2001. The first baseman hit .263 in that World Series, with a home run and three runs batted in.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.