Updated Aug 24, 2012 - 5:03 pm
D-backs broadcaster Mark Grace arrested; taking leave
Grace was arrested in Scottsdale Thursday evening after being pulled over for having an expired registration plate. Police then administered a field sobriety test which gave probable cause to arrest Grace on DUI charges.
Grace was also driving without an interlock device, which was required following a prior DUI arrest in Scottsdale in May of 2011.
Former D-back Luis Gonzalez will jump into the analyst's chair for games against the San Diego Padres Friday and Saturday, and legendary broadcaster Joe Garagiola will provide analysis for Sunday's series finale.
Television play-by-play man Daron Sutton hasn't been on a Diamondbacks broadcast since June and details of his absence have been few and far between. Longtime radio play-by-play man Greg Schulte has been handling the TV duties, while Jeff Munn has been calling the action on radio.
Grace ended his 16-year playing career with the Diamondbacks in 2003. The three-time All-Star was a part of the Diamondbacks only World Series championship team in 2001. The first baseman hit .263 in that World Series, with a home run and three runs batted in.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.