D-backs broadcaster Mark Grace arrested; taking leave
Grace was arrested in Scottsdale Thursday evening after being pulled over for having an expired registration plate. Police then administered a field sobriety test which gave probable cause to arrest Grace on DUI charges.
Grace was also driving without an interlock device, which was required following a prior DUI arrest in Scottsdale in May of 2011.
Former D-back Luis Gonzalez will jump into the analyst's chair for games against the San Diego Padres Friday and Saturday, and legendary broadcaster Joe Garagiola will provide analysis for Sunday's series finale.
Television play-by-play man Daron Sutton hasn't been on a Diamondbacks broadcast since June and details of his absence have been few and far between. Longtime radio play-by-play man Greg Schulte has been handling the TV duties, while Jeff Munn has been calling the action on radio.
Grace ended his 16-year playing career with the Diamondbacks in 2003. The three-time All-Star was a part of the Diamondbacks only World Series championship team in 2001. The first baseman hit .263 in that World Series, with a home run and three runs batted in.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!