Newcomer Matt Lindstrom joins D-backs
This is Lindstrom's fifth major league team since being drafted in 2002 by the Mets. He says he wouldn't mind sticking around for a bit.
"That would be nice. We all know that being in the bullpen can be a little volatile at times," Lindstrom said. "I also keep reminding myself that it's nice to be wanted too. I'm just looking forward to meshing with the guys in the bullpen and contributing any way I can."
It should be a little easier for Lindstrom to mesh with this bullpen and with this clubhouse. Lindstrom was part of Team USA in the 2009 World Baseball Classic, as was fellow reliever J.J. Putz. He was also a teammate of third baseman Chris Johnson in Houston during the 2010 season.
Lindstrom recorded a 2.72 ERA in 36.1 innings with Baltimore this season. He's done pretty much every job in the bullpen, including set-up guy and closer.
"I've pretty much served every role you can in a bullpen. Pretty much got everything covered. I have some closing experience but I like filling in the closing role as well but it really doesn't matter to me."
Lindstrom is joining a Diamondbacks team that has hovered around .500 the entire season and is in a bit of a slump.
"I know it sounds cliché but I want to help the team win games and I know that's what's most important first and foremost so hopefully I can provide a little shot in the arm for the team right now and we can start winning."
There's one other thing that Lindstrom thinks can help him in Arizona. He played with the Rockies last season in the National League West.
"Well I think it will serve me well. I've pitched in these parks before and I think that will serve me a little bit. Not going out there surprised at the different venues and stuff. I know there are a couple hitters' parks and a couple pitchers' parks."
Heading into Tuesday, the Diamondbacks are on quite a slide, going 2-6 on this current ten-game home stand. Arizona is also 4-11 in its last 15 home games, so any help is welcomed.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer