Arizona Diamondbacks activate Willie Bloomquist and Josh Collmenter in list of moves
The team also recalled catcher Konrad Schmidt from Triple-A Reno, selected the contract of outfielder Tyler Graham from Reno, activated infielder Cody Ransom and transferred right-handed pitcher Daniel Hudson from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list.
Bloomquist, 34, was on the 15-day disabled list with a strained lower back and made four rehab appearances with Rookie AZL D-backs. Bloomquist is batting .300 with 21 doubles and 22 RBI in 79 games with the D-backs this season.
Collmenter, 26, was placed on the 15-day disabled list with ulcers and made three rehab appearances with the AZL D-backs. He threw 8.0 scoreless frames with five hits and 11 strikeouts. Collmenter is 3-3 with a 4.24 ERA in 22 games with Arizona in 2012.
Saito, 42, has appeared in 10 games with the D-backs this season, going 0-0 with a 6.14 ERA. He was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring on Aug. 14.
Schmidt, 28, hit .277 with 24 doubles, seven home runs and 47 RBI in 93 games with the Reno Aces. He played in one game with the D-backs this season on May 26 vs. Brewers, going 0-for-4 with a RBI.
Graham, 28, hit .115 with two triples, a homer and six RBI in 26 games for the Aces, and .263 in five games for Triple-A Fresno (Giants). He was signed by Arizona as a Minor League free agent on May 14 and was on the disabled list from May 14-July 30 with a left shoulder injury.
Ransom, 36, was claimed off the waiver from the Milwaukee Brewers yesterday.
Ransom was previously designated by the Diamondbacks and claimed by the Brewers in May. He was used as a shortstop by the Diamondbacks while Stephen Drew was injured. He will now provide another middle infielder for the team.
Hudson, 25, was placed on the 15-day disabled list on June 27 with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He underwent successful Tommy John surgery on July 9 in Los Angeles.
The D-backs 40-man roster is set at 40.
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series