Diamondbacks' Adam Eaton off to a fast start
He was on the line to tell the center fielder that he was getting called up to the majors.
"Immediately I started running through the house and about hit my head on the ceiling." Eaton told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "It felt like I was jumping so high,"
Since being called up, Eaton has looked sharp.
Eaton is 4 for 11 with a double. In both games he started in center field and batted lead off.
Eaton is known for being a "throwback" player who never takes his foot off the gas.
"As soon as I could pick up a baseball, my dad was always saying hey you run as hard as you can every single play, you leave nothing back," Eaton said. "I feel that is how I will play for the rest of my life."
In while playing for the D-backs AAA affiliate, the Reno Aces, Eaton was batting .381 with 7 homers and 46 RBIs through 119 games.
Eaton is the prototypical lead off hitter that the Diamondbacks have been searching for and could be the eventual replacement for slumping center fielder Chris Young.
Eaton doesn't know whether or not he will be the starting center field in Arizona long term, but he seems optimistic.
"I want to think that eventually I will be," Eaton said. "I'm just going to take it day after day, work my butt off, and try to prove that I can play at this level."
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer