A closer look: Corbin, D-backs rout Giants at Chase Field
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a baseball game. So, we will give you a closer look, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the D-backs' September 16 win against the Giants. Final score: Diamondbacks 10, Giants 2.
The Diamondbacks salvaged the final game of the series with the Giants, scoring the most runs they've scored (10) since August 18th against the Astros (12).
Patrick Corbin pitched the best game of his young career, allowing only two runs over the course of eight innings pitched. Corbin also had a bases clearing triple in the game, which was part of his four RBI afternoon with the bat.
Justin Upton also had a good day at the plate, he hit his 15th home run of the season and drove in three runs in the victory.
Miguel Montero and Paul Goldschmidt combined to go 0-for-8 in the game, although Goldy did score a run.
The D-backs had scored 10 runs total over the previous five games before Sunday's victory.
He Said It:
"[Montero] called a great game, I don't think I shook him off once [Sunday]," D-backs pitcher Patrick Corbin said. "When you can go out there and just go with a catcher you're just in rhythm the whole game and I really didn't think too much out there, just whatever he called I threw. You can see why they signed [Montero] and kept him around here."
The Diamondbacks welcome the Padres into Chase Field on Tuesday, as Ian Kennedy (13-11) takes on Eric Stults (6-2). The last time the Padres were in Phoenix they swept the D-backs in a three-game series.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer