Updated Sep 18, 2012 - 12:58 pm
Police seek aggravated DUI charge against D-backs' Mark Grace
According to ABC15, the Scottsdale Police Department is pursuing an aggravated DUI charge against Grace, who is being charged with his second such crime in about one year.
Blood tests performed on the 48-year-old Paradise Valley resident showed he had a blood alcohol content of .095, over the legal limit of .08, Sgt. Mark Clark said. When Grace was arrested on Aug. 23, he also allegedly did not have his required interlock device in place, was driving on a suspended license and his registration was expired.
A conviction of driving without the required interlock carries a prison sentence of one year to 3.75 years, followed by probation.
After consulting with a Valley attorney, KTAR learned that, if Grace is convicted of his second DUI within the past seven years, he would be sentenced to a mandatory 90 days in jail, 60 of which could be suspended if he attends alcohol classes.
If Grace is convicted of an aggravated DUI, a felony, he would get prison time, though it is unclear how long he would be sentenced to, as the time given is dependent on numerous variables. The average sentence in these cases is 2.5 years.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.