Chris Young to return to D-backs lineup Tuesday
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Chris Young will make his return and get the start.
"He's probably going to go out and run, but I'd like to have him in the game," Gibson said.
But Gibson wanting to have Young back and actually having Young back are two separate things. However, when asked if the lineup he had in front of him featured Young in it, the skipper had a pretty direct answer.
Young, who is hitting .227 with 14 home runs and 39 RBI on the season, has not played since September 15 due to a right-quadriceps injury.
Young's return will push newcomer Adam Eaton to left field, and for at least Tuesday Jason Kubel will find a spot on the bench.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday May 23Timmy gives us insider insight into this week's top MLB headlines.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.