Kirk Gibson: 選 got to be better'
After winning the NL West crown last year, many experts thought the Diamondbacks had what it took to be Word Series contenders this season.
Now, the Diamondbacks find themselves fighting just to have a winning record.
"I think we had more potential and we can dissect it many different ways why we didn't win more games," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said. "Maybe overachieved a little bit last year, but I know we underachieved this year."
Gibson said he takes responsibly for a season that he described as "discouraging."
"I got to be better" Gibson said. "I take responsibility and accountability for our under-performing, that is just the way I am."
Gibson plans on going to the woods with his wife and just decompressing once the season is over.
"There will be a lot of quiet time, there will be no people around and I will have no itinerary," Gibson said. "I can just absorb what has happened and we can start to culture some ideas and some thoughts."
The Diamondbacks are now just a mediocre 80-79 team with a meaningless three game series left against the Colorado Rockies.
"I am very motivated to be better next year, to be a better leader and to put us in better position to not feel the way we do at this time next year," Gibson said.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.