Updated Oct 29, 2012 - 2:40 pm
D-backs' Daniel Hudson already throwing baseball
Threw a baseball 40 times and worked back to 45 feet today and I feel great! So pumped up. Hard part is not to overdo it #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 29, 2012
Earlier this month, D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson told the media that he didn't expect Hudson back on the mound until August of 2013 at the earliest -- a notion that Hudson scoffed at.
August my ass. Ill be back by the all star break at the latest #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 5, 2012
Hudson last pitched in a ball game June 26, when he yielded five earned runs in just 1.2 innings of work in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
In nine starts in 2012, Hudson went 3-2 with an ERA of 7.35. This followed a stellar 2011 campaign in which he won 16 games for the National League West champions.
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: Diamondbacks in serious discussions about acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.