Updated Oct 29, 2012 - 2:40 pm
D-backs' Daniel Hudson already throwing baseball
Threw a baseball 40 times and worked back to 45 feet today and I feel great! So pumped up. Hard part is not to overdo it #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 29, 2012
Earlier this month, D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson told the media that he didn't expect Hudson back on the mound until August of 2013 at the earliest -- a notion that Hudson scoffed at.
August my ass. Ill be back by the all star break at the latest #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 5, 2012
Hudson last pitched in a ball game June 26, when he yielded five earned runs in just 1.2 innings of work in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
In nine starts in 2012, Hudson went 3-2 with an ERA of 7.35. This followed a stellar 2011 campaign in which he won 16 games for the National League West champions.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.