Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 10:53 am
Diamondbacks decline options on Blanco, Lindstrom
The 41-year-old Blanco hit .188 with a homer and seven RBIs in 21 games as Miguel Montero's backup with the Diamondbacks last season. He signed with Arizona in 2011 and has played 14 seasons with eight teams. He receives a $250,000 buyout.
Lindstrom had a 2.53 ERA in 12 games with the Diamondbacks after arriving in a trade that sent Joe Saunders to Baltimore. The 32-year-old, who gets a $200,000 buyout, became expendable when the Diamondbacks exercised closer J.J. Putz's $6.5 million option last month and traded for right-handed reliever Heath Bell.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.