Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 10:53 am
Diamondbacks decline options on Blanco, Lindstrom
The 41-year-old Blanco hit .188 with a homer and seven RBIs in 21 games as Miguel Montero's backup with the Diamondbacks last season. He signed with Arizona in 2011 and has played 14 seasons with eight teams. He receives a $250,000 buyout.
Lindstrom had a 2.53 ERA in 12 games with the Diamondbacks after arriving in a trade that sent Joe Saunders to Baltimore. The 32-year-old, who gets a $200,000 buyout, became expendable when the Diamondbacks exercised closer J.J. Putz's $6.5 million option last month and traded for right-handed reliever Heath Bell.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.