Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 12:24 pm
Matt Williams to interview for Blue Jays position
Since joining the Diamondbacks as a player in 1998, Williams has become a mainstay within the organization and in the Valley. Besides playing a major role in the team's lone championship season back in 2001, Williams owns a part of the team and has spent time in the broadcast booth. He managed Double-A Mobile and has served as both the first base coach and third base coach for the D-backs.
The 46-year-old D-backs legend is currently serving as managers to the Salt River Rafters in the Arizona Fall League.
With John Farrell heading to Boston in late October, Williams' experience could make him a legitimate candidate to fill his place with the Blue Jays. In addition to his upcoming interview in Toronto, Williams has already met with the Colorado Rockies' brass about their managerial opening.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.