Updated Nov 7, 2012 - 7:35 pm
Report: Diamondbacks willing to trade Trevor Bauer
Apparently that's no longer the case.
According to ESPN MLB writer Jerry Crasnick, the team is willing to listen to offers for the young right-hander.
Hearing that Bauer has fallen out of favor with some people in #dbacks organization.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 7, 2012
The organization's Minor League Pitcher of the Year, Bauer compiled a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA in four starts with the Diamondbacks last season. He struck out 17 in 16.1 innings, but struggled with his command and only lasted more than five innings just once.
It's worth noting that Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers is never one not to listen to an offer, meaning this could just be standard operating procedure.
However, if the team is as down on the former No. 3 pick as Crasnick suggests, a deal could happen in the near future.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.