Report: Diamondbacks willing to trade Trevor Bauer
Apparently that's no longer the case.
According to ESPN MLB writer Jerry Crasnick, the team is willing to listen to offers for the young right-hander.
Hearing that Bauer has fallen out of favor with some people in #dbacks organization.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 7, 2012
The organization's Minor League Pitcher of the Year, Bauer compiled a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA in four starts with the Diamondbacks last season. He struck out 17 in 16.1 innings, but struggled with his command and only lasted more than five innings just once.
It's worth noting that Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers is never one not to listen to an offer, meaning this could just be standard operating procedure.
However, if the team is as down on the former No. 3 pick as Crasnick suggests, a deal could happen in the near future.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.