Updated Nov 7, 2012 - 7:35 pm
Report: Diamondbacks willing to trade Trevor Bauer
Apparently that's no longer the case.
According to ESPN MLB writer Jerry Crasnick, the team is willing to listen to offers for the young right-hander.
Hearing that Bauer has fallen out of favor with some people in #dbacks organization.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 7, 2012
The organization's Minor League Pitcher of the Year, Bauer compiled a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA in four starts with the Diamondbacks last season. He struck out 17 in 16.1 innings, but struggled with his command and only lasted more than five innings just once.
It's worth noting that Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers is never one not to listen to an offer, meaning this could just be standard operating procedure.
However, if the team is as down on the former No. 3 pick as Crasnick suggests, a deal could happen in the near future.
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.