Updated Nov 7, 2012 - 7:35 pm
Report: Diamondbacks willing to trade Trevor Bauer
Apparently that's no longer the case.
According to ESPN MLB writer Jerry Crasnick, the team is willing to listen to offers for the young right-hander.
Hearing that Bauer has fallen out of favor with some people in #dbacks organization.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 7, 2012
The organization's Minor League Pitcher of the Year, Bauer compiled a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA in four starts with the Diamondbacks last season. He struck out 17 in 16.1 innings, but struggled with his command and only lasted more than five innings just once.
It's worth noting that Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers is never one not to listen to an offer, meaning this could just be standard operating procedure.
However, if the team is as down on the former No. 3 pick as Crasnick suggests, a deal could happen in the near future.
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- MLB insider on Diamondbacks: 'It's as if they've never seen Mark Trumbo play'
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Mark Trumbo: By the numbers
- Mark Trumbo has weaknesses, but he's a good fit with the Diamondbacks
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.