Wade Miley named NL Rookie of the Year finalist
But when Miley got the opportunity to join the Arizona Diamondbacks' starting rotation early in the year, the 25-year-old rookie made the most of it. Miley led the Diamondbacks with 16 wins and his 3.33 ERA was tenth in the National League.
In July, Miley represented the Diamondbacks in the annual All-Star Game in Kansas City, and Wednesday he was named as one of three finalists for the National League Rookie of the Year Award, which will be announced November 12.
Joining Miley as finalists are Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper and Cincinnati Reds third baseman Todd Frazier.
Miley is trying to become the first player in franchise history to win the award. Former D-back right-hander Brandon Webb had the highest overall finish in the rookie of the year balloting when he finished third in 2003 behind Dontrelle Willis of Florida and Scott Podsednik of Milwaukee.
Arizona right-hander Josh Collmenter finished fifth in the 2011 voting.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.