Updated Nov 7, 2012 - 4:57 pm
Wade Miley named NL Rookie of the Year finalist
But when Miley got the opportunity to join the Arizona Diamondbacks' starting rotation early in the year, the 25-year-old rookie made the most of it. Miley led the Diamondbacks with 16 wins and his 3.33 ERA was tenth in the National League.
In July, Miley represented the Diamondbacks in the annual All-Star Game in Kansas City, and Wednesday he was named as one of three finalists for the National League Rookie of the Year Award, which will be announced November 12.
Joining Miley as finalists are Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper and Cincinnati Reds third baseman Todd Frazier.
Miley is trying to become the first player in franchise history to win the award. Former D-back right-hander Brandon Webb had the highest overall finish in the rookie of the year balloting when he finished third in 2003 behind Dontrelle Willis of Florida and Scott Podsednik of Milwaukee.
Arizona right-hander Josh Collmenter finished fifth in the 2011 voting.
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.