Updated Nov 7, 2012 - 4:57 pm
Wade Miley named NL Rookie of the Year finalist
But when Miley got the opportunity to join the Arizona Diamondbacks' starting rotation early in the year, the 25-year-old rookie made the most of it. Miley led the Diamondbacks with 16 wins and his 3.33 ERA was tenth in the National League.
In July, Miley represented the Diamondbacks in the annual All-Star Game in Kansas City, and Wednesday he was named as one of three finalists for the National League Rookie of the Year Award, which will be announced November 12.
Joining Miley as finalists are Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper and Cincinnati Reds third baseman Todd Frazier.
Miley is trying to become the first player in franchise history to win the award. Former D-back right-hander Brandon Webb had the highest overall finish in the rookie of the year balloting when he finished third in 2003 behind Dontrelle Willis of Florida and Scott Podsednik of Milwaukee.
Arizona right-hander Josh Collmenter finished fifth in the 2011 voting.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.