Updated Nov 10, 2012 - 12:22 pm
Could Justin Upton be a fit in Tampa Bay?
Get use to it D-backs fans, it's going to be a long winter in Arizona.
Saturday, FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal was at it again, speculating that the two-time All Star could wind up in Tampa Bay -- a place his brother B.J. has called home since 2004.
While B.J. Upton looks headed for free agency, Rosenthal thinks the Rays could offer a substantial package for his younger brother, Justin.
The Rays could satisfy the Diamondbacks' desire to add a top-of-the-rotation starter by offering right-hander James Shields or right-hander Jeremy Hellickson. They also could fill the D-backs' need for a shortstop by offering a top prospect, Hak-Ju Lee.
Although general manager Kevin Towers has said throughout the week that the team is only listening to potential offers, as other organizations look to sweeten the pot, the question remains how long will it take the Diamondbacks' front office to make a decision on the future of their star right fielder?
Upton is coming off an underwhelming season, at least by his standards. The 25-year-old batted .280, with 17 home runs, 67 RBI and a slugging percentage of .430 -- 80th-best among qualified hitters.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?