Updated Nov 10, 2012 - 12:22 pm
Could Justin Upton be a fit in Tampa Bay?
Get use to it D-backs fans, it's going to be a long winter in Arizona.
Saturday, FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal was at it again, speculating that the two-time All Star could wind up in Tampa Bay -- a place his brother B.J. has called home since 2004.
While B.J. Upton looks headed for free agency, Rosenthal thinks the Rays could offer a substantial package for his younger brother, Justin.
The Rays could satisfy the Diamondbacks' desire to add a top-of-the-rotation starter by offering right-hander James Shields or right-hander Jeremy Hellickson. They also could fill the D-backs' need for a shortstop by offering a top prospect, Hak-Ju Lee.
Although general manager Kevin Towers has said throughout the week that the team is only listening to potential offers, as other organizations look to sweeten the pot, the question remains how long will it take the Diamondbacks' front office to make a decision on the future of their star right fielder?
Upton is coming off an underwhelming season, at least by his standards. The 25-year-old batted .280, with 17 home runs, 67 RBI and a slugging percentage of .430 -- 80th-best among qualified hitters.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.