Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 7:44 pm
Diamondbacks, others react to Bryce Harper over Wade Miley
Bryce Harper hit .270 for the Washington Nationals, smacking 22 home runs and tallying 59 RBI, a number that was good enough for 56th in the N.L.
So naturally Harper deserved the National League Rookie of the Year Award, right?
Well, the award was given to Harper Monday, much to the dismay of players and media alike.
Here is a sampling of what they had to say:
Now we know that it's officially a popularity contest... "@jonmorosi: Bryce Harper is the NL Rookie of the Year over Wade Miley."— Brad Ziegler (@bradziegler) November 12, 2012
I'm glad reporters' ballots are public knowledge now. Hopefully they will take away future voting rights for ones who submit awful ballots.— Brad Ziegler (@bradziegler) November 13, 2012
Unreal... #robbed— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) November 12, 2012
Bryce had a really good season guys, he really did. I just feel like one month shouldn't win or lose you an award. Wade should have won, IMO— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) November 13, 2012
Bill Center of San Diego Union Tribune left Miley off ballot...was only person who had Padre Yonder Alonso on the ballot. #Homer— Vince Marotta (@Vincemarotta) November 12, 2012
Congrats to @wademiley36 on an amazing season. Certainly think he deserved to win but congrats to Harper. Wade is ROY in our hearts.— Josh Rawitch (@joshrawitch) November 12, 2012
Bryce Harper totally deserved the Rookie of the Year Award over Wade Miley, especially if you don't care about stats. #Dbacks— Adam Green (@theAdamGreen) November 12, 2012
Yonder Alonso over Wade MIley is pretty awful.— Joe Sheehan (@joe_sheehan) November 13, 2012
Judging from all the #dbacks Tweets, Wade Miley's teammates certainly have his back.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 13, 2012
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.