Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 7:44 pm
Diamondbacks, others react to Bryce Harper over Wade Miley
Bryce Harper hit .270 for the Washington Nationals, smacking 22 home runs and tallying 59 RBI, a number that was good enough for 56th in the N.L.
So naturally Harper deserved the National League Rookie of the Year Award, right?
Well, the award was given to Harper Monday, much to the dismay of players and media alike.
Here is a sampling of what they had to say:
Now we know that it's officially a popularity contest... "@jonmorosi: Bryce Harper is the NL Rookie of the Year over Wade Miley."— Brad Ziegler (@bradziegler) November 12, 2012
I'm glad reporters' ballots are public knowledge now. Hopefully they will take away future voting rights for ones who submit awful ballots.— Brad Ziegler (@bradziegler) November 13, 2012
Unreal... #robbed— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) November 12, 2012
Bryce had a really good season guys, he really did. I just feel like one month shouldn't win or lose you an award. Wade should have won, IMO— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) November 13, 2012
Bill Center of San Diego Union Tribune left Miley off ballot...was only person who had Padre Yonder Alonso on the ballot. #Homer— Vince Marotta (@Vincemarotta) November 12, 2012
Congrats to @wademiley36 on an amazing season. Certainly think he deserved to win but congrats to Harper. Wade is ROY in our hearts.— Josh Rawitch (@joshrawitch) November 12, 2012
Bryce Harper totally deserved the Rookie of the Year Award over Wade Miley, especially if you don't care about stats. #Dbacks— Adam Green (@theAdamGreen) November 12, 2012
Yonder Alonso over Wade MIley is pretty awful.— Joe Sheehan (@joe_sheehan) November 13, 2012
Judging from all the #dbacks Tweets, Wade Miley's teammates certainly have his back.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 13, 2012
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.