Updated Nov 13, 2012 - 10:30 am
Report: Diamondbacks have eyes for Atlanta's Andrelton Simmons
Most people agree the team would be willing to part with right fielder Justin Upton if it means landing a good, young shortstop.
They've been rumored to have interest in Texas' Elvis Andrus and/or Jurickson Profar, neither of whom the Rangers appear to be ready to deal.
In turn, the D-backs may have turned their attention to Atlanta's Andrelton Simmons, according to CBSSports.com baseball writer Danny Knobler.
Rangers wanted Upton enough that they tried to trade Olt for ATL's Simmons (who AZ wants). Braves wouldn't do it, tho.— DKnobler (@DKnobler) November 12, 2012
Simmons, 23, hit .289 with 3 home runs and 19 RBI in 166 at bats last season, which was his first taste of the big leagues. He was the Braves' fourth-best prospect according to Baseball America entering the 2012 season, and was the National League's Rookie of the Month in June.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.