Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 4:51 pm
D-backs Hill and Montero garner MVP votes
Hill, who just completed his first full year with Arizona, received a seventh place vote and two tenth place votes. Zachary Levine, a writer for the Houston Chronicle, gave Hill the seventh place nod, while Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic and Troy Renck of the Denver Post voted him tenth.
Hill hit .302 with 26 homers and 85 runs batted in this season for Arizona. The eight-year veteran also hit for the cycle twice in an 11-day span in June, becoming the first player to hit for the cycle twice in one year since Babe Herman of the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1931.
Montero, who hit .286 with 15 homers and 88 RBI, received a tenth place vote from Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey won the award, garnering 27 out of 32 first place votes. Ryan Braun of Milwaukee finished second, while Pittsburgh outfielder Andrew McCutchen finished third.
Posey led the National League with a .336 batting average and had 24 homers and 103 runs batted in for the World Series Champion Giants. He also became the first catcher to win the National League award since Johnny Bench of the Cincinnati Reds in 1972.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill leaves early with knee injury vs. Cleveland
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 12Will Archie Bradley make the starting rotation?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.