D-backs Hill and Montero garner MVP votes
Hill, who just completed his first full year with Arizona, received a seventh place vote and two tenth place votes. Zachary Levine, a writer for the Houston Chronicle, gave Hill the seventh place nod, while Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic and Troy Renck of the Denver Post voted him tenth.
Hill hit .302 with 26 homers and 85 runs batted in this season for Arizona. The eight-year veteran also hit for the cycle twice in an 11-day span in June, becoming the first player to hit for the cycle twice in one year since Babe Herman of the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1931.
Montero, who hit .286 with 15 homers and 88 RBI, received a tenth place vote from Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey won the award, garnering 27 out of 32 first place votes. Ryan Braun of Milwaukee finished second, while Pittsburgh outfielder Andrew McCutchen finished third.
Posey led the National League with a .336 batting average and had 24 homers and 103 runs batted in for the World Series Champion Giants. He also became the first catcher to win the National League award since Johnny Bench of the Cincinnati Reds in 1972.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.