Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 12:12 pm
Olney: Marlins talked with D-backs about Reyes
Before the megatrade was made, the Marlins talked with the D-Backs about shortstop Jose Reyes as they assessed the market.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) November 15, 2012
With so many young prospects in their farm system and a desperate need for a shortstop, the pieces were certainly in place for the D-backs to make a move for the Reyes.
Arizona would most likely have had to include a top prospect or two in any deal with the Marlins. One of the options could have been Trevor Bauer, which may not have been a problem since numerous reports are stating the D-backs are looking to move the young hurler.
For whatever reason the trade didn't happen, leaving the D-backs with newly acquired shortstop Cliff Pennington to go along with John McDonald and Willie Bloomquist at the position.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?