Report: D-backs interested in Jhonny Peralta
According to Danny Knobler, who is a senior baseball writer for CBSSports.com, the team has spoken to the Detroit Tigers about Jhonny Peralta.
Diamondbacks have shown interest in Jhonny Peralta. But Tigers won't trade him unless/until they get someone better at shortstop.— DKnobler (@DKnobler) November 20, 2012
Peralta, 30, hit .239 with 13 home runs and 63 RBI last season. He scored 58 runs and stole one base.
Those numbers are not particularly great, though he hit .299 with 21 home runs and 86 RBI the season before.
The veteran is slated to make $6 million next season after the Tigers exercised an option in his contract, and is regarded as a solid-but-not-spectacular defender.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday May 23Timmy gives us insider insight into this week's top MLB headlines.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.