Updated Nov 23, 2012 - 9:38 am
How Valley athletes spent their Thanksgiving
And in the midst of their respective grueling seasons or even offseasons, it's always interesting to see how a 'day off' is spent.
Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald will try to help Arizona snap a six-game losing streak Sunday. But that didn't keep him from giving back Thursday.
Suns rookie guard Kendall Marshall is adjusting to pro life in just his first month in the league. So with no practice on Thursday, he chose to catch up on some much-needed TV time.
Big Bang Theory season 1 and 2 for me today. oh yes #TheLife— Kendall Marshall (@KButter5) November 22, 2012
Once a kicker always a kicker for Jay Feely. Even away from the office, Feely couldn't help but feel for fellow kickers Jason Hanson and Shane Graham during the highs-and-lows of the Texans' 34-31 overtime victory.
Anyone who says kicking is easy; Shane Graham knows if he misses this kick his career may be over. That's pressure!— Jay Feely (@jayfeely) November 22, 2012
The Cardinals Calais Campbell may return Sunday after missing last week's game against the Falcons. But on Thursday, all the defensive end could think about were the fans.
Happy thanksgiving to everyone! I am thankful to be a Cardinal and have the best fans in the business cheering me on every week— Calais Campbell (@Campbell93) November 22, 2012
Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton didn't have time to keep up with any potential trade rumors. He had enough on his hands playing with his nephew.
Cardinals rookie wide receiver Michael Floyd has come a long way from his childhood days in Saint Paul, Minnesota. But when families get together, photo albums usually come out. Here's a throwback of Floyd.
And then there's Suns guard Goran Dragic. The Slovenian didn't have a traditional Thanksgiving Day feast. Instead of turkey, pumpkin pie and stuffing, Dragic opted for a more unconventional choice.
Last time I eat cotton candy I was 5 years old :) twitter.com/Goran_Dragic/s…— Goran Dragic (@Goran_Dragic) November 22, 2012
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.