Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 1:30 pm
Justin Upton to Atlanta Braves? It's been discussed
One of the teams rumored to be interested in the young D-back's services is the Atlanta Braves. You know, the same Braves team that just inked Justin's brother B.J. to a big contract.
So, could there be a brotherly reunion in Hotlanta?
The two have discussed it, apparently.
According to Braves beat writer for MLB.com Mark Bowman, the brothers Upton have thought about sharing the same outfield.
"B.J. Upton said he and his brother Justin Upton have had a few conversations about possibility of playing together in Atlanta."
And, as David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution tweeted out, there brothers would like to make it happen.
#Braves B.J.Upton & brother Justin have strong desire to play together and hope it happens when Justin is free agent in 3yrs, if not sooner.— David O'Brien (@ajcbraves) November 29, 2012
The D-backs are rumored to be seeking, at the very least, a young shortstop in return for Upton, and the Braves have one in Andrelton Simmons.
Atlanta was not willing to part with the 23-year-old when his name was brought up a month ago, but it's fair to wonder if that stance will change with the team's latest acquisition.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.