ESPN: Trevor Bauer a Diamondbacks trade candidate
However, Upton may not be the only high-profile D-back to be up for grabs.
According to former MLB GM and current ESPN MLB analyst Jim Bowden, in an ESPN Insider piece, pitcher Trevor Bauer may very well be available.
Reason: There are some uniformed personnel in Arizona who don't believe that Bauer will ever have the command and control in the zone to live up to his potential, while others are frustrated by his stubborn nature. If the D-backs have an opportunity to trade him for a long-term solution at shortstop or third base, they're sure to listen.
Possible trade partners: Indians, Rangers, Nationals
The team's frustration with Bauer is well-documented, though many think it's just a matter of time before he matures and becomes an effective Major League pitcher.
The 21-year-old started four games for the D-backs in 2012, compiling a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA. He struggled mightily with his command, though was good enough in the minors to be named the team's Minor League Pitcher of the Year.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.