Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 1:27 pm
ESPN: Trevor Bauer a Diamondbacks trade candidate
However, Upton may not be the only high-profile D-back to be up for grabs.
According to former MLB GM and current ESPN MLB analyst Jim Bowden, in an ESPN Insider piece, pitcher Trevor Bauer may very well be available.
Reason: There are some uniformed personnel in Arizona who don't believe that Bauer will ever have the command and control in the zone to live up to his potential, while others are frustrated by his stubborn nature. If the D-backs have an opportunity to trade him for a long-term solution at shortstop or third base, they're sure to listen.
Possible trade partners: Indians, Rangers, Nationals
The team's frustration with Bauer is well-documented, though many think it's just a matter of time before he matures and becomes an effective Major League pitcher.
The 21-year-old started four games for the D-backs in 2012, compiling a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA. He struggled mightily with his command, though was good enough in the minors to be named the team's Minor League Pitcher of the Year.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?